Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Major headache converted to minor annoyance

So I received my Chinese work visa.  Problem is that it is only good for 1 entry into the country.  This will change once I get there and apply for a resident visa.  The reason this is a problem is that I have a plane ticket from Vancouver to Kuala Lumpur with a 17 hr layover in Beijing.
After talking to countless airline and embassy representatives on the phone I realized I could probably make it work IF I stayed in the airport for 17 hours.  Since this would clearly be an opportunity to cherish I immediately set out finding ways to avoid it.
There was a bit of a headache involved including a 2 hr phone call but I have changed the layover to Hong Kong to avoid any possible problems in China.
This wasn't really an interesting update but I know some of you were aware of the problem.  I'm stuck carrying my bags around KL and Singapore now but that seems better than being denied entry from China.
Just 4 days left in Ontario now, crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment