Monday, August 22, 2011

Things change

Got picked up by the school leaders today.  Staying at a hotel in Beijing for the night.  They're picking up some other teachers today and we'll all head to Weifang tomorrow.
So when I had agreed to terms with the school there were 3 positions open: 2 in Weifang and 1 in Dongying which is about 150 kms away from Weifang but run by the same people.  I picked Weifang just because it was the main school and a bigger city.  After I had picked this one a couple signed on.  The school doesn't want to make them split so I was asked if I could go to Dongying instead.  It's a much "smaller" place, only 3 million people.  It is also a richer city since it has large oil reserves.
The main differences will be that I'll be teaching grade 4/5 rather than 7/8 as expected however I'm told in Dongying the students learn English from grade 1 while in Weifang they do not.  Also the workload in Dongying is less by 4 classes a week.
I'll learn more about all of this stuff in the next few days but I don't think the change should be any problem for me.
Well, I'm hungry, time to wander and see if I can convince someone to give me something edible!
Wiseguy1
PS. Looks like I've found a way to update this blog and keep Picasa active so keep checking in on both spots!

1 comment:

  1. Josh, you continue to amaze us! A curve here and there, but you keep sailing along. Good stuff. We (mom mostly) loves the many edible dishes you have been pictured inhaling. Dad of course, only enjoys the chocolate looking ones!

    ReplyDelete