I've received a few things already and it seems that 2 weeks is often sufficient for things to arrive. That said some things sent have not arrived yet. The 2 items I received both had Chinese added, I'm assuming they did this in Beijing but it means someone had to do it by hand. I got a friend to send me the address in Chinese Characters. If you want to be extra sure that what you send arrives then print this out and attach it somewhere obvious. I have also included it as a picture those of you without language capable computers.
For anyone wanting to increase their chances of whatever you're sending reaching me this entry is for you.
257000
中国山东省东营市东营区
云门山路6号黄河双语学校
My Name
Here is my other entry on the address:
My Name
Shengly Oil Field Huanghe Billingual School
No. 6 Yun men shan lu
Xicheng District, Dongying, Shandong Province
257000 China
I know, it's stupid long. I have no idea if all of that is required or not. I was also given this shorter address:
My Name
Huanghe Billingual School
6 Yunmen Shan lu
Dongying, Shandong
257000
It's your decision for which address to use. Probably whichever one will fit!
Chinese return addresses typically appear under the "to:" address and the postal code goes in the top right corner but doing it the way I have shown should work. Anything sent with both the English and CHinese addresses on has a very high chance of arriving.
Any questions please let me know!
Wiseguy1
Hi Josh, My Canadian PC doesn't recognize anything except little empty boxes for your address. What might I do to help it "read" it, so I can copy it? Maybe by the time June rolls around we'll have got this figured out!
ReplyDeletemom in English land