No updates in a long time. See pics for captions for general ideas... or email me!
Got in a taxi today. Guy was the usual friendly driver. He of course asked where I was from which is a very typical first question so I'm pretty used to it. I answered Canada. Usually he then asks if I like CHinese food or how long I've been here. Instead he kept repeating a word I didn't know, hitting the steering wheel and making a sound like "buang, buang". I recorded it and asked zzf. Apparently he was asking me if there are kangaroos in Canada. DOn't think he actually has any idea where Canada is.
Also, directly translated from Chinese, Kangaroo in English is "bag mouse".
Just another day in China.
Wiseguy1
Got in a taxi today. Guy was the usual friendly driver. He of course asked where I was from which is a very typical first question so I'm pretty used to it. I answered Canada. Usually he then asks if I like CHinese food or how long I've been here. Instead he kept repeating a word I didn't know, hitting the steering wheel and making a sound like "buang, buang". I recorded it and asked zzf. Apparently he was asking me if there are kangaroos in Canada. DOn't think he actually has any idea where Canada is.
Also, directly translated from Chinese, Kangaroo in English is "bag mouse".
Just another day in China.
Wiseguy1
No comments:
Post a Comment